Congratulations on your wedding!
And now that all the planning leading up to the wedding is done and the ceremony is over and everything went smoothly too, what should you do next?
This article helps you put down all the post-wedding todo’s that need get done
Here is a very task list to help you figure out what you got to do next after you get married:
- Return any rented outfits and/or accessories
- Return any rented pieces of equipment, decor items, glassware, tables and chairs, etc
- Return any items borrowed from friends/ family
- Write and send out “Thank you” cards to family, guests and vendors
- Meet your photographer to pick out wedding photos for the wedding album
- Meet your videographer to finalize the video scenes and music
- Change beneficiary designations on any life insurance policy
- Contact employer to make changes to benefits reflecting your new legal status as a married couple
- Collect and organise any legal and financial documents as a couple (bank accounts, taxes, etc)
If you are changing your name, adjoining or hyphenating surnames, you must notify the following offices:
- Drivers license
- Post office
- Tax office
- Health Card office
- Social Insurance Card office
- Credit Card company
- Insurance companies
- Club membership cards
With all this done, have a happily ever after!